Tuesday, May 27, 2008

William Byrd Community House Market. The heat is on!




William Byrd Community House holds weekly markets that are filled with vendors selling produce and such, serving coffee and smoothies, and even snow cones to a large crowd every Tuesday. I had the most amazing strawberries from a local grower a couple weeks ago. Anyway, I am finally done with school and have NOTHING but free time so thanks to the librarian, Patti, Books on Wheels has been invited to attend the market from now on. Today was the first day that I realized, wow, it is seriously hot, and I really need to get used to working on bikes and moving books around in this heat. And its not even June yet and i feel sunburn and i can not stop sweating. We had a really good number of kids come by and get stoked on the books and I got like three hugs, which I always enjoy. Catch us at WBCC for the rest of the summer on Tuesdays from 3-6 p.m.
-Shelley

No comments: